My Journey to Mastery
We are excited to share with you a podcast interview from The Health Coach Group featuring our very own Garry Schleifer.
Garry Schleifer of choice Magazine, shares his journey to mastery from being a coach to starting a coaching magazine. Garry talks about the importance of ongoing growth and learning in life and how it can make us feel a part of something bigger than ourselves.
In this episode, Cathy and Garry talk about:
- Garry’s transition from being a coach to starting a coaching magazine
- Things that weren’t around in the 90s that are now in the coaching industry
- Garry’s thoughts on credentialing in the health coaching field
- Garry’s vision for the choice Magazine
- The changes that have occurred in coaching over the years
- The future of coaching and whether AI could replace face-to-face coaching
- The good thing about having communities of coaches
- Why it is crucial for health coaches to maintain their presence, even in challenging times
- The core competencies that coaches need to adhere to
- The benefits of subscribing to the choice Magazine and the resources it provides to health coaches
A seasoned businessman bringing over 30 years of experience, Garry Schleifer “walks the talk”. His credentials draw from experience as the visionary behind several multimillion-dollar corporations as well as being the owner and publisher of choice ~ the magazine of professional coaching. (choice-online.com)
Garry comes from a place of “ruthless compassion” when helping his clients. He challenges them with transformative coaching, rigorous goals, an innate sensitivity, good humor, and non-judgment.
His coaching credentials include a graduate of Coaches Training Institute (CTI), a Certified Mentor Coach certificate from inviteCHANGE, and a PCC designation from the International Coaching Federation (ICF). Garry is also the Past President of the Toronto ICF Chapter and ICF Global Board, as well as several other community-based boards.
He considers himself a digital nomad, living and loving life from wherever he has traveled with his husband Patrick. He loves what he does and loves meeting like-minded business owners looking for their lost freedom.
We would love to know your thoughts on Garry’s interview. Comment below with what some of your takeaways were.
You can learn more about Cathy Sykora and The Health Coach Group 7-Day Challenge by clicking here.
Let’s continue the conversation by connecting with your colleagues on our Facebook page
If you are not already, click here to subscribe to choice Magazine.